- This event has passed.
Main Streets of Australia Week | 16 – 22 May
May 16, 2022 @ 8:00 am - May 22, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
Even before COVID, many main streets were struggling and, in some cases, dying, for reasons beyond their control; the introduction of internet shopping and development of shopping centres both came as a huge blow.
With more than 2 million small businesses in Australia, and many of these on our main streets, they do an enormous amount for the community. We need to support them, to ensure their survival, so they can continue to:
• provide a huge number of jobs to those that rely on local or flexible work,
• create local spending,
• support local causes and charities, as well as sporting groups and schools
• provide a place for the elderly or vulnerable to find their fit in the community,
• build connection and provide safe spaces, and
• allow a huge number of families to stay financially afloat.
In 2022, Mainstreet Australia, in partnership with Mainstreet SA & Town Team Movement, and with the support of Zeller, are launching a national campaign celebrating all that main streets and town centres provide to the community.
The message will be impossible to ignore as these streets, and the businesses within them, will all be sharing this message at the same time; from May 16 – May 22 aka Main Streets of Australia Week.
Business Mount Alexander will distribute posters for displaying in your shop front and social media content to share – and help remind people the importance of supporting local businesses by shopping in your main street!