COVID19 disrupted Business Mount Alexander’s regular practice of creating networking opportunities and information exchange through forums and social gatherings. BMA is now seeking to re-connect with the local business community to rebuild its membership base and revitalise its strategic direction. The Project Officer role has been created to achieve these ends.
The ideal incumbent will be passionate about supporting BMA to reach its goals to re-invigorate the organisation through coordinating timely and relevant events, running marketing campaigns to generate interest and attract businesses to become part of BMA through membership, attendance and/or committee involvement.
This contract role is funded through a Business Chambers and Traders Groups Program (Business Victoria) and will be conducted 10 hours per week for ten weeks.
Specifically this role will:
- Build a database of local businesses in the Shire.
- Develop marketing collateral and communications streams for BMA.
- Identify and collect resources to support local businesses.
- Organise a series of forums addressing key issues of relevance to the business community.
- Contact local businesses to invite them to the forums and to support BMA.
- Undertake administrative and business development tasks to support the BMA committee.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Project planning and administration, including event coordination
- Ability to work autonomously to manage tasks and meet set timeframes
- Written communication – preparing content for newsletters and social media and managing membership and committee correspondence
- Finance administration using bookkeeping software – or ability to learn (training provided)
- Social media experience including Facebook, LinkedIn and Mailchimp (training provided)
- Confident computer skills using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships with current and future business members and other key stakeholders
To apply, email your resume and a cover letter outlining how your career experience can bring value to succeeding in this role. firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5 pm, Monday 1 February 2021