As a business professional your LinkedIn profile is a critical component of your online personal brand.
In my work as a Career Coach I help job seekers with tips on updating their LinkedIn profile so that it effectively communicates their career history, skills and experience plus gives the reader a sense of their personality and how they could add value to other businesses. You can read up on my tips to strengthen your LinkedIn profile HERE.
Why follow a Company Page?
As a business professional, following a company page has benefits including:
- Helps keep you abreast of the company’s news, events and successes.
- It sends a message to a potential employer, customer or client, about the types of organisations you are interested in or aligned with.
- When you follow the company you are working for or ones you have worked for in the past, the company logo will be automatically inserted into your profile page.
- You can use company pages to build connections by seeking out key decision makers – find out how in this article by Things Career Related.
Business Mount Alexander Inc has recently been added to LinkedIn and here’s how this company page can work for you.
- News and events relating to Business Mount Alexander will show up in your LinkedIn news feed once you “follow” their company page. To do this, type Business Mount Alexander in the search field towards the top of the screen and when the page comes up click Follow. Or simply follow this LINK.
- As a Member or Committee Member with Business Mount Alexander you can include this information in your profile under the Volunteer section of LinkedIn, as shown below.
LinkedIn is a terrific tool for networking, building business, recruiting and seeking employment, and you will get the most out of it by being active on this site and checking your LinkedIn news feed on a daily basis. It’s a good way to see what your contacts are up to and it may prompt you to reach out and organise a catch up coffee.
Genevieve Ward is a Career Coach with The Good Life Careers and Executive Officer of Business Mount Alexander. Feel free to get in touch via email@example.com for any tips on using LinkedIn.